Have you tried this new range of tetra packed juices from Dabur?? I have !! and I loved it. I was bowled over by the taste of these juices , that I could not believe even vegetables tasted so refreshingly good in the form of juices !! Can you imagine how a juice made of beets, carrots, cucumber and “SPINACH” can taste amazingly good 🙂 Then you should definitely try such variants that are doing rounds in the market.I could spot such variants from this brand only, so that’s how i got inspired to try fruit-veggies juice at home 🙂
Trust me, once you taste this, you will start loving it more and more !! and noooo they don’t taste bad at all, just give a try and you will be more than happy that you did!! 🙂
Now off to the recipe 🙂
Here are few small tips that i would like to mention,
- We all know that vegetables in general have that raw flavour, and because of that they tend to taste slightly bitter. So the Idea here is to balance out tastes and flavours. Try to use veggies which taste sweet or plain or neutral. Avoid bitter veggies and also those which are starchy like potato, yam etc.
- Make sure to add in at least one citrus fruit to the juice to give that zing and sharp punch 🙂
- Always finish off the juice with a squeeze of lime, the lemon juice will act as a taste enhancer and balance out all the flavours.
- Avoid using sugar for adding the sweetness to the juice, use natural sweeteners like
- Palm Sugar
Ingredients (serves 3 tall juice glasses ):
I have used what ever was available at home at that moment, you can change the fruits or veggies depending on their availability with you, but remember the tips mentioned above 🙂
Cucumber – ½ (medium sized) peeled & Finely chopped
Papaya – 2 nos ( 1 inch thick wedges of a small sized fruit)
Beetroot – ½ (medium sized) peeled & Finely chopped
Oranges – 2 nos ( small sized )
Honey – ½ cup
Juice of 1 lemon
Water – 500ml
Sorry Note : Sorry friends I could not click step-by-step pictures this time.I was not sure if I had to post this here.So I dint click pics while preparing this.
- Take all the chopped veggies and fruits into a blender and blend well like how you blend for the regular juices.
- Now, slowly add water little by little, depending on the capacity of your blender. Do not try to add all the 500 ml of water to the blender. We can dilute the juice after transferring out from the blender as well.
- Once the fruits and veggies are nicely blended, filter the juice using a big sieve.
- After you get the extract dilute it to the required consistency and add honey or any natural sweetener to your taste.
- Tada !! mixed vegetable and fruit juice is ready!!
- Enjoy this wholesome juice filled with loads of nutrients, vitamins , minerals and all healthy anti-oxidants 🙂
I will come up with some more variants of fruit –veggie juices 🙂 Until then try this and let me know how you liked it 🙂
Now, once you filter the juice , you will be left out with a cup full of pulp. C’mmon, we are not gonna waste this naturally rich and goodness loaded “Scrub”. Yes you read it right, i used this pulp as a body scrub , by adding some rock salt to it. You can even add, sugar to this and use as a sugar scrub or even some semolina(rava) from your kitchen to this pulp to convert it into a scrub.
Be extremely gentle when you use a rock/sea salt scrub.It might be a little harsh on your skin.
All in all, this did good both to my skin as well as my oral health 🙂
Hope you found this post useful !! let me know your feed back in the comments section .I would be glad to read your thoughts !!
Stay healthy , cheers 🙂