If you have read my last post here,which is the daal makahani recipe,I had mentioned that I served a simple spice flavoured rice along with it.SO here is the recipe of the simple flavoured rice 🙂
This rice is very simple to prepare,yet very fragrant,aromatic and loaded with the flavour of our very own Indian Whole Spices. This Rice can bbe served with any Indian Gravy,creates a great combo with both mild-less spicy gravies and even heavy-spicy gravies as well 🙂
So read on to know how to make this simple treat 🙂
Ingredients: (Serves 3 persons)
Basmati Rice(Or and Long grained rice) – 2 Cups
Ghee – 3 Table spoons
Cumin Seeds (Jeera/Seeragam/Jilakara) – 1 tablespoon
Cinnamon(Dalchini/Pattai/) – 1 inch sticks – 2 nos.
Cloves(Lavang/Krambu/Lavangam) – 2 nos
Green Cardomom(Elaichi/Elaika) – 4 nos.
Green Chillies –2 nos ( vertically slitted)
Salt – To taste
Wash and clean the rice, do not wash it for a long time as the flavour of rice tends to get washed off. I do not prefer soaking basmati rice as it gets cooked in a rapid and uncontrollable speed(at least to me J ).Hence I just wash the rice well and drain it.
(Stove top cooking)
1) Take a proper kadai/handi which can cook 2 cups of rice in it. Boil 7 -8 cups of water in it.
2) When the water starts boiling, add in everything mentioned in the ingredients list.
3) This rice gets cooked faster hence make sure u keep checking. Once the rice is 3/4th cooked, drain the starch.
4) That’s it simple 🙂 The rice is ready now 🙂
(Electric cooker/Rice cooker)
1) You need to use a 1:1 measurement of rice and water, in this case. So if u have taken 1 cup of rice add 1 cup of water in the cooker, similarly 2 cups of rice need 2 cups of water only, so it goes like that.
2) Add in all the ingredients and change the mode of the cooker to cooking mode.
3) Once the mode changes, the rice is done .Do not stir immediately, switch off the cooker and let it stand of 5-8 minutes and then stir the rice.
4) Now it is ready to be served 🙂
Do try this and let me know how you liked it 🙂
If you like my blog please take time to follow this space(you will find the follow button on the bottom corner on the right side of this space and also you can find another on the top corner on the right side of this space).If you follow this blog, you get all the new updates(when ever a new post is uploaded in the blog) in your email 🙂
I would be more than happy if you could encourage and support me by liking my face book page here 🙂
Keep coming back and do let me know your suggestions and feedback on how I can improve 🙂
I am waiting to hear from you.