I am posting a food post after a long time on my blog. I have not been able to post regularly over here. I am finding it hard to post everyday because I work very far away from the city and it takes nearly 4.5 hrs of my time in travelling to and fro to office and back home 😦 So the only time I can keep for myself is the weekends and that is why I look forward for the weekends starting right from the beginning of the week 🙂 he he
Oats Porridge is one of the regular breakfasts at my home. My mum likes the plain porridge and she makes it often. I love oats as it is very healthy and light to start the day with lots of energy and lesser calories 🙂 Oats is blessed with the essentials Omega-3 Fatty acids which is very much required for a healthy and balanced body. It is one of the major source of these Omega -3 fatty acids, other sources are cod liver oil and flax seeds etc.,
Now having said all these I am going to share with you the recipe of oats porridge with fresh fruits, I have used apples an pomegranate here, you can use any fruit that is available with you at that moment. I wanted to give a twist to the apple and so went on with glazing them with Demerara sugar and honey. This porridge was so refreshing and so much filling but did not weigh down and make me lazy. It was so light :)isn’t this the definition of a perfect breakfast food. So give this a try and I’m sure all of you would love this as much as I did. Here you go with the recipe.
Ingredients: (Serves 4 persons)
Instant oats – 1 Cup
Milk – 1 Cup
Water – 2 ½ Cups
Sugar – 2 Tablespoons
Roasted Flax seeds – 1Table spoon
Diced Apple – 1 Cup
Pomegranate seeds – 1 Cup
Demerara Sugar – 1 Tablespoon
Honey – 1 Tablespoon
Cinnamon Powder – 1/4th Teaspoon
Raisins – for Topping
Butter – ½ Teaspoon
1) Take a bowl and add water and wit for it to boil. Once the water starts boiling, add the oats to it and cook for 5-7 minutes. After that remove from fire and keep it aside.
2) Coarsely grind the roasted Flax seeds and add it to the prepared oats. This adds a nutty Flavour.
3) In a sauce pan add butter, Demerara Sugar and stir it well until the sugar melts, now add honey and stir for a minute .Now add the apples and toss well so that the glaze coats well on all the apple pieces .Remove from fire and set aside.
4) Now transfer the cooked oats into the serving bowl and add boiled milk, glazed apples and the fresh pomegranate and mix well. You can add some raisins too.
5) Oats Porridge with honey glazed apples and pomegranate is ready 🙂
6) Enjoy this healthy and refreshing porridge and begin the day with loads of energy 🙂
If you like this recipe and my space please like my Facebook page here and also please show your support by following me:) You can fine the follow button on the right-side top corner of this page,take a moment of yours to confirm subscription by checking the confirmation e-mail in you subscribed mail-ID.
Please give your feedback 🙂 I would love to hear from you 🙂