I started using scrubs for face and body only a couple of years back and before that I was totally ignorant about these useful scrubs. If any of you do not know the goodness that a scrub can give I would tell you what it is in simple words,
It’s a granular product which is available as cream based or gel-based or in powder form that when used over your skin scrapes off the dead skin cells and reveals the healthy and younger skin cells. Thus you get a healthy glow when you scrub over the face and body when you exfoliate.
I am planning to do a detailed post on the different types of scrub and what variety of scrub is recommended for different skin types .Keep watching my space for that post which is coming up soon.
So today I am going to share with you the most essential product for winters especially for your lips. The Dry weather hampers ad damages our lips making it chapped and worn out L Let me tell you just like the rest of our body, our lips also need exfoliation. Dry, chapped lips are a result of nothing but dead cells settled over the lip surface. Using a lip scrub gently removes the dead cells from the lip surface and the younger cells a revealed, this helps in restoring the original lip colour also.
It is generally recommended to use extremely mild scrubs /exfoliators on the lips twice a week or weekly once. Most of you are aware that lip scrubs are available everywhere out now and most of them are extremely pricey. Why buy such products loaded with preservatives and chemicals when it is possible to make a wonderful natural scrub for lips with items available at our very own kitchen 🙂
Cinnamon – gives a plump look to the lips 🙂
Sugar – Acts as a mild exfoliant.
Pure ghee – smoothens the skin prevents chapping heals the lip surface.
For a one time usage u will need :
1) Honey – ½ Teaspoon
2) Cinnamon powder – A pinch
3) Sugar(coarsely powdered/granules) – ½ Teaspoon
4) Pure ghee – ½ Teaspoon
5) A clean and empty container
1) First take the sugar in the container ,add desi ghee, and honey
1) Take some scrub and gentle apply on your lips and cover your entire lips with it.
2) Wait for 5 minutes.
3) Now, gently massage your lips with this .Do not be hard, be very gentle .(remember the skin on your lips is very very very soft compared to the skin on your body)
4) Now wash off with luke warm water.
5) Tada !! you would now have baby soft, pinkish and plumpy lips 🙂
6) Moisturisation is a must after exfoliation.
7) So do not forget to apply you favourite lip balm/lip butter and stay as happy as you lip would be after this easy peasy lip treatment 🙂
Hope you liked this. Do try it out and let me know if you liked it 🙂
If you like my space and posts 🙂 Please do not forget to enter your e-mail and click on the follow button on the right side of the window so that you get all the updates instantly 🙂